Sturdy smaller wooden timber playhouses - great quality
Wooden wendy houses offer great value over time as they last for a long time - most come with a 10 year anti-rot guarantee and will stand up to the kids' punishments for years to come.
Here are a couple of my current favourites. They're on the smaller side so they won't take up too much space in a smaller yard.
(Commercial linking in this post - what's this?)
A cute wooden wendy house that your little one is sure to adore. Great feedback so far on the quality of the product and speed of the delivery. The painted colours in the picture are just for illustration purposes. Since it's a DIY project in itself, you have to assemble it and you can then paint or stain it any colour you want. I feel like the recommended age is a little high - I was climbing perilously tall trees far younger than this - but always make your own judgement on what is safe for your child.
- 12mm Shiplap domestic pine
- Styrene windows
- 12mm door gap to prevent trapped fingers
- Self-assembly and painting required - a fairly big project.
- Plywood (OSB) floor and roof with a roll of roofing felt
- EN71 European safety standard for Toys compliant
- 10 Year Anti Rot guarantee
- Mainland UK delivery from Nottingham. NB the delivery won't go through someone's house as they aren't insured to do so. They will also need you to call to arrange delivery and leave a contact number.
- Dimensions: 1.1m deep x 1.2 m wide x 1.4 m high
- Manufacturer's recommended age: 10 years and up
Quirky as anything, I love this crooked little house's charm. A little bit less flexible, perhaps, as it is a pre-painted kit but the tradeoff is that it is super fast to assemble.
- Natural thick fir wood panels, heat treated
- Opening window and door with soft-close magnets for safe play
- Wooden roof is covered in durable felt
- EN71 safey tested
- Fast and simple assembly: predrilled, prepainted kit form - simply screw the panels together
- Floor not included
- Delivery to Mainland UK - be aware some restrictions on this as it's deemed a large item so the couriers might not deliver to your mainland UK area. Double check first! Areas likely to get caught out include some Scottish highlands and northern areas.
- Dimensions: H 145 x W 145 x D 110cm
- Manufacturer's recommended age: 36 months and up
Other useful links
There's something nostalgic about the wooden wendy houses. They seem somehow more organic, and a more permanent edition to your garden. Next time, I'll be looking at some of the more palatial, mansion-like large wendy houses. But of course they cost a lot more!
When thinking about a wendy house, you need to take into account a lot of factors, especially if you're investing a few hundred quid. You can save yourself a lot of heartache by following our simple wendy house guide.